Wednesday 17 March 2010

Nasturtium

The other day I shared a picture of some gorgeous polka dot beads that I had bought from Caroline Cash.
With the orangey/red beads in the set I have made Nasturtium, neckalce and matching earrings.

I have matched the beads with some spacers (small lampwork beads in a plain colour) I had in my stash from Alison Davies, karen hilltribe entwined spacers and orange Swarovski crystals. In the centre is a lovely chunky hilltribe flower bead. I have then attached these to fine Sterling Silver chain. The whole necklace is finished with a Silver s-clasp and a handwired lampwork spacer charm.
Close up of the flower bead and the spotty beads.
Oh and the earrings - can you spot the hilltribe daisy spacers in between the polka dot bead and the spacer? I love the effect this gives to earrings which is probably why I reproduce this design in various guises.

Orange is not a colour I would normally use, but I am really pleased with the end result. Nice and sunshiny. Roll on the summer.

I am hoping to get these listed in my Folksy shop later this week - keep an eye open for them.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: