Friday 28 November 2008

Sending Sunshine

Brrr, I don't know about you but it's a tad chilly in Berkshire at the moment and a bit grey. No rain, just a bit grey. Definitely not the cheeriest of days to say the least. Days like this remind me that winter can seem long. I love Autumn and think winter is ok ( as long as it's a crisp cold day and not grey and muggy:)). But for those who don't, spring can seem along way away.
My solution - early narcissi sent from Scilly. Check these out aren't they gorgeous.

Because of their temperate climate Scilly can produce narcissi much earlier than on the mainland. When I was home in Cornwall over Oct half term I bought some Sols back up for me which had been shipped over from Scilly. Now that to me is amazing, daffodils in October. My favourite producer is Scent from the islands, they are a family business run from Churchtown Farm, St Martins. Their scent is intoxicating and can fill a room within minutes. Check out their website for some stunning photos of Scilly and fields upon fields of daffs - definitely a sunny sight :)

I'm off to order my mum some now as she has been unwell, I'm sure she will love them (If you read this mum, they will be with you Tuesday!). BTW they make a fab Christmas pressie as well, especially for the distant relation you don't know what to buy for......or is that just me with that problem? :)

7 comments:

Maryanne said...

Well we have hot, balmy, muggy days and nights here in Oz ... so I'll swap you your weather for ours, coz I hate it when it's muggy and sweaty and uncomfortable.

Maryanne said...

oh and the flowers are gorgeous :-)

BeadyPool said...

I'm with you on the muggy nights - they aren't comfortable. It think that's another reason I miss Cornwall. Warmer than Berkshire in the winter and cooling sea breezes in the summer :) I bought myself some narcissi as well - hopefully they will come tomorrow I can't wait. I can small the sunshine already!

Mana Moon Studios said...

Oh the flowers are just beautiful and add such sunshine to these bleak winter days. Loved the website too, all the blooms are so gorgeous. Hope your mum feels better very soon and enjoys her flowers♥

BeadyPool said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I love the fact something as simple as flowers can make you feel so much happier. Fresh flowers are one of my vices LOL

joannabags said...

hi just stumbled across your blog after following a very convoluted route. Love the flowers, really really love your jewellery. Hope your mum gets better soon.

BeadyPool said...

Hi Joannabags, welconme to Beadypool. I love convoluted routes - usually the best ones! Enjoy reading Vx