Thursday 4 September 2008

New Term

Okay, so who nicked the summer holidays? Own up please......
To be honest, I was dreading the 6 weeks or so with my two year old and none of your normal prearranged activities like music and toddler group. However, they have flown by and I have to admit we have been busier than we are normally term time. That may of been my fault though, as I got a bit panicky - aarrggh small child and me, six weeks can't manage - so I did arrange to see lots of people and to do a fair few things. Even the bad weather hasn't scuppered our plans too much. Me being me planned two ideas for days out - one for wet and one for dry weather!
Tommorrow is a big day in the our household as my son whose is two and a half at the end of this month starts preschool. He will go for two mornings a week. I cannot believe how quickly the years have passed, but I think he is more than ready and mummy can't wait to have an hour to make some jewellery.
Not much jewellery from me (as always it seems). Little man went to Nan and Grandads for a few days holiday, but rather than me doing jewellery hubby and I painted what was his nursery (now making room) and then found a leak in the ensuite - fun.


I did get to make this though - Bali Blues, using lampwork which I have had for ages from Tinage Tar. Lampwork beads, Bali Silver and Czech glass. I love the creamy coloured beads, they lok like they have a seam of quartz running through them.
I have also been organising lampwork for a commission piece - watch this space.
Keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow goes well, I think I may be a bit lost for a while and not know what to do with myself - sure I will find something though!

No comments: