Tuesday 23 September 2008

Mermaids Tears

We went away for a short mid-week break last week to the New Forest, staying at Sandy Balls. (Sorry I do still snigger like a 14yr old at the name - I am sooo childish!) We had a fantastic time, my inlaws stayed with us in the log cabin and my folks took their camper van. My son couldn't believe his good fortune, both sets of grandparents on tap. We couldn't believe ours either - what fab weather. As per normal for my family we tried to do too much in a few days; the boys did Beaulieu, we all went to Exbury and rode the steam train, my son got to wave the flag for the train to go - how excited was he! We visited the otter and owl sanctury; fantastic day out especially if you have little ones - someone had giggles over the otter antics, plus a picnic at Lepe over looking the solent, stunning views.....the list goes on - a fab holiday but I do almost feel like I need another one to recouperate!
Once I had fought my way through the mound of laundry, I found some time for a bit of jewellery making - very theraputic.
Mermaid's Tears
Simple, but very wearable. Freshwater pearls and turquoise, a very soothing combination.
I've received a couple of new sets of lampwork beads in the post recently, so hopefully soon some inspiration will strike. Or more to the point, I find some time.
My BH is off to Ireland tomorrow with work till the end of the week, so I will get my evenings to myself - well most of them.... I couldn't help it, I've just invited the girls over for a curry and a glass or two - well, you have to have a good natter and put the world right, don't you?

No comments: