Monday 28 April 2008

Monkeys, Football and Beads

We have been a travelling this weekend visiting friends of ours near Stoke. Being me I decided to kill two birds with one stone and managed to coincide our visiting weekend with the Staffordshire bead fair. This was the ever bead fair I have been to and I found it really interesting, mainly being able to put some faces to some of the people I buy beads from. My friend got dragged along, but soon got a bit more interested - needless to say I have come home with goodies including some to make into a necklace and earrings for her.
Lorna from Pixie Willow Designs was there selling some stunning beads, I resisted the temptation but they are very lovely. So nice to see the beads in the flesh so to speak.
On the Saturday Stoke City were playing away but the game was being shown at Britannia stadium so the boys went off to watch that and us girls took my two year old to see the monkeys at Trentham Monkey Forest. The young ones were play fighting, swinging in the trees and rolling down the hill with made him giggle.
Will be back soon with the photos of the commissions.

No comments: